Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senate GOP DACA plan follows long history of avoiding workplace enforcement
12-08-2017, 03:33 AM,

<div class="field field--name-field-timestamp field--type-datestamp field--label-hidden"><time datetime="2017-12-07T21:57:31-05:00"><b>Thu,</b> <span class="uppercase"><b>Dec</b></span> 7<sup>th</sup> 2017 @ <b>9:57</b> pm EST</time>&nbsp; <i class="text-black">by</i>&nbsp; <span class="username" xml:lang="" about="/account/63333" typeof="sioc:UserAccount" property="foaf:name" datatype="">Roy Beck</span></div><p>"I have no good explanation whatsoever why (mandatory) E-Verify was not included in the Senate working group proposal" introduced this week, Congressman Lamar Smith of Texas said today. Smith has been trying to stop U.S. employers from hiring illegal workers for nearly all of his 30 years in Congress.</p>
<p>Pulitzer-prize-winning journalist Jerry Kammer said there is a primary reason Smith's long battle to protect workers from illegal-labor competition has failed thus far: "Congress always has found it much more politically palatable to throw money at the border than to control worksites." Is that why Senate Republican leaders introduced a three-year DACA amnesty this week without a mandatory E-Verify provision to deter another flood of illegal immigration?</p>

https://www.numbersusa.com/blog/senate-g...nforcement